photo album software

Jeffrey Barish jeffbarish at starband.net
Sun Jan 4 22:55:13 GMT 2004

Did you have any difficulties building the executable?  When I ran
configure I got a complaint that "library qt-mt not found."  I tried
installing libqt-mt-dev but still got the same message.  I tried
installing libqt3-mt-dev, but it seems to be broken as it aborts with
an error unpacking libxcursor-dev.  It complains that "libqt3-mt-dev
tries to overwrite /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xcursor/Xcursor.h, which is
also in package xlibs-dev."  I tried uninstalling xlibs-dev before
installing libqt3-mt-dev, but libqt3-mt-dev installs xlibs-dev and then
complains about the overwriting problem.  I don't have a lot of
experience with apt.  Does this conflict mean that something is wrong
with the libqt3-mt-dev package, or am I doing something wrong?  I don't
even know for sure that this is the package that needs to be installed
to resolve the complaint from KimDaba, but I don't know what else to do
other than guess at the required package and see whether installing it
resolves the complaint.  I suspect that libqt-mt-dev was a bad guess
because it has been superceded by libqt3-mt-dev, so I am still
optimistic that the latter would resolve the problem if I were able to
install it.

I'm running 2.4.23 kernel and 3.1.3 kde.

If the program is good enough for your wife, it's probably good enough
for me, so I hope that there is a solution to these problems.

dcw wrote:

> Sorry for the delay in responding. I downloaded the software per your
> recommendation and installed it. It was really for my wife and she
> approved it today as doing what she needed.
>
> Thanks for your help with this.
>
> David
>
> On Friday 02 January 2004 11:09 am, Pupeno wrote:

Jeffrey Barish