want to use a certificate with kmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 15:46:12 GMT 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 15:41, LeVA wrote:
> I need to use a certificate (issued by TrustCenter) and sign my
> messages with it (this is essential for my work). My question is, how
> to use this with kmail. I can export this certificate with mozilla,
> and it outputs a .p12 file. Is it possible to load this to kmail?

Not from within KMail. But probably you can import the certificate with
the Certificate Manager (which can be started via the configuration
dialog of the crypto plugins).

> And do I need some additional "security plugins" for kmail, to be
> able to use this kind of certificate? The certificate signature
> algorithm is PKCS #1 MD5 With RSA Encryption.

Yes, you'll need the crypto plugins. But I can't tell whether the
algorithm you want is supported. You should post your questions to
gpa-dev at gnupg.org (which is the mailing list of the Aegypten project).

Regards,
Ingo