how to make KDE faster?

Zabil Maliackal zabilcm at hathway.com
Sat Feb 28 17:59:39 GMT 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 11:14 pm, David Gethings wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 22:03, Zabil Maliackal wrote:
> > Tried the above, took an awful lot of time in doing what it did.
> > Did not notice big improvements in the application start up though.
>
> I use prelink -afhmR. -m tries to use less memory (I don't have much).
>
> use 'man prelink' to find out what the other option do. They might make
> a difference. Then again they might not. I'm no prelink expert.
>
> Also make sure that all libs are found. If you get an error message
> saying that a lib could not be found then that executable is not
> prelinked, AFAIK.

Ran prefdm with the the options that were mentioned above.
A bit of improvement , but i guess it might not be noticeable, here and there.

Here is what is there in my prelink.conf. I hope the directories are taken
recursively. There is no specific entry for the Kde dir's

-l /bin
-l /usr/bin
-l /sbin
-l /usr/sbin