how to make KDE faster?

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 07:56:33 GMT 2004

Trevor Smith schrieb:
> On February 25, 2004 12:28 am, Marc Collin wrote:
>
>>use the suse kernel, you will see that kde is faster
>
> So I should do a clean install with SuSE and forget FC1?

Hmm, I use Suse and can nothing but recommend it. Though I would say
that if possible you should wait until Suse 9.1 is out which should not
take that long, since they are going to present it on a fair in a few
weeks. 9.1 is going to have a 2.6 Kernel and KDE 3.2 including all the
Suse goodies, aparently 2.6 + 3.2 is an even faster combination. Further
I would first run it separately and see how you like it. As I said, I
can only recommend it.

Sven