international fonts and character encodings

Christopher Marshall christopherlmarshall at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 19:29:26 GMT 2004

Basil:

I hadn't added Farsi to the available languages in the Accessibility / Country - Region and
Language.

I just tried doing that and as soon as I added it, the messages in the control center switched to
Farsi, with blocks representing the absense of a font to display those characters.

I did the grepping you suggested in my font directories and came up with nothing.

I take it my main problem at this point is not having those fonts.

What does ISO 8859-6 refer to / designate, BTW?

Thanks for your help!

Chris Marshall