Print Preview doesn't work

Stephan Matthiesen stephan at met.ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 12:16:57 GMT 2004

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2004 14:43 schrieb Stephan Matthiesen:
> Using KDE 3.2. When I select the print preview (from any KDE program), I
> just get an error message:
>
>  Öffnen nicht möglich (=Cannot open)
>  /tmp/kde-stephan/kdeprint_vQVPbT9d
>
> after clicking on ok, I get the preview window but completely empty (gray)
> except for the "print" and "cancel" buttons (in the center left, not at the
> bottom). No preview!

Some people had the same problem (after updating to KDE3.2.), and I now found
the solution.

Go to the file association dialogue and make sure that the default embedded
viewer is Kghostview. It was set to Karbon14, and Karbon14 can't open the
print postscript file.

Actually: When I try to remove Karbon14 from the file association, it always
comes back as default viewer... so I have to leave Karbon14 in the file
association but in second place.

Hope that helps others with the same problem...

All the best
Stephan