how to make KDE faster?

corey_s at cox.net corey_s at cox.net
Thu Feb 19 14:52:50 GMT 2004

Have you used prelink?

http://freshmeat.net/projects/prelink/

Also, for more docs (note prelink isn't a gentoo specific utility, though
this howto is very gentoo oriented - it does explain it a bit):
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/prelink-howto.xml

Also, for a konqueror speed up, don't forget to:
KDE Components -> KDE Performance -> Preload an instance after KDE startup

... if you haven't already done that.

prelink should definitely give you a noticeable performance boost in startup
time.

Beers,

Corey