Hello everyone.

Mark Fetterolf mwfetter at surewest.net
Thu Feb 19 19:25:20 GMT 2004

Good day,

I am a longtime user (off and on) of KDE and am just now getting into the
nitty gritty workings of it.  I find 3.1.5 to be a VERY nice release so far
and have been beating on it since it came out.

I am having issues with configuration files.  Is there some source that anyone
has that takes an indepth look at the config files?  I am looking for more
global settings than user-specific.  Basically if I start it up from the
command line (startx -> .xinitrc (startkde) everything is fine but running
kdm from init files I lose my keyboard.  I am assuming I need to set that up
somewhere in the KDM config but I am not sure where.

Can you tell I am trying to keep this non-OS specific?  *grin*

Thanks everyone, sorry if this is the wrong list!

Regards,
Mark