Low Spec System

Alexander H.M. Ruoff alexander.ruoff at ruoff-germany.de
Tue Feb 17 10:00:42 GMT 2004

Hi,

hope that this forum is the right place to ask this question...

I got introduced to Linux a couple of months ago thanks to Knoppix. I
tested Linux on my K6-200 with 96 MB and my Laptop PIII with 64 MB.
Except for the slow speed, both systems worked fine.

I upgraded my Laptop before installing Fedora but now I think of
installing a low spec version of fedora or mandrake on the K6 with KDE,
just for surfing and maybe as a basic server to start getting into
networking. KDE runs with Knoppix so I assume that a basic KDE
environment should work fine at a decent speed.

Does anyone tried something like that and has some advice?

Thx
Alex
.