saving desktop state

David T-G davidtg-kde at justpickone.org
Mon Feb 16 17:06:22 GMT 2004

Hi, all --

I just rebuilt my laptop from SuSE 8.1 to SuSE 9.0, doing a complete wipe
and install but then restoring my home directory.  Now all of my windows
open but they have forgotten their titles, positions, and desktops.
Worse, I don't recall how to save my desktop; logging out does not save
my existing session.

I'd be more than happy to just use my old configuration, since it was
perfect, but I could rebuild everything if I had to -- and could save it.
Is there any way to recover my old session configuration.

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg at justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork at justpickone.org  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"