ksysguardd without X

Jan Drugowitsch jdrugo at gmx.at
Sat Feb 14 15:38:26 GMT 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 22:03, Jan Drugowitsch wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2004 21:40, you wrote:
> > Jan Drugowitsch wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > > is it possible to build ksysguardd from kdebase without having any
> > > graphical libraries (e.g. X, Qt) installed?
> > > What I want to do is to do is to run ksysguardd on a server to be able
> > > to remotely display its status using another client. I know that
> > > there's a separate ksysguardd rpm in the SuSE distro but my server runs
> > > some sort of a Linux from Scratch and so I doubt that I can make any
> > > use of it. Any Ideas?
[snip]

Sorry for replying to myself.

After some playing around in the ksysguardd directory I finally managed to
compile everything by writing Makefiles by hand and adding #define's to
config.h. And the result: It works! And really nicely, too.

It's really recommendable for everyone who wants to have another computer's
stats in a KSysGuard applet!

If anyone's interested how to do it, just drop me a line, i'd be ready to
help.

Best,
Jan