<no subject>

Malte Schünemann malte.schuenemann at web.de
Thu Feb 12 15:32:59 GMT 2004

I am running SuSE 9.0 with KDE 3.1.4 and installed KDE 3.2 from konstruct in a parallel tree (/opt/kde3.2). I did

cd /opt
mv kde3 kde3.1
ln -s kde3.2 kde

and restarted KDE. Among the several problems I observed was
o loss of the virtual desktop panel in the taskbar (not solved)
o loss of buttons for laptop battery, SuSE YOU etc (solved)
o YaST2 does not work out of kcontrol any more (not solved)

I already re-installed kdebase-SuSE from kde 3.1 coming with SuSE9.0 via YaST (native) - still I get displayed as command to be executed out of kcontrol
/sbin/yast2 ... --embed ...

Correct would be
kcmshell yast ...

I then returned to KDE3.1 and upgraded to 3.2 using pmrs downloaded from SuSE - the kcontrol / YaST2 issue remained.

How can I fix this ?

By the way - how can I bind YaST into the kcontrol so that I do not have to re-issue root login each time I want to switch to another YaSt module ?

Any help appreciated
Malte