Newbe with question about xdmcp

Ben Clewett Ben.Clewett at roadrunner.uk.com
Wed Feb 11 10:48:43 GMT 2004

My first post, please forgive if already answered many times in past.

I had 'xdmcp' working perfectly, simply by changing a few variables in
kderc.  Using CygWin, I had a perfect KDE desktop on my Win2000 box.
Perfect use for a Windows box!

But I ran the KDE configuration program, and it never worked again.
(Possibly my SuSE also did an auto-update.)

The xconsole gives the error 'Section [xdmcp] unknown in kderc', or
something similar.

I have had no luck running xdmcp since then.  Can any kind member
suggest a few things I can try?

Regards,

Ben Clewett.