3 issues in kde3.2 for debian

NakedMind nakedmind at softhome.net
Mon Feb 9 16:15:02 GMT 2004

Hello all,
(sorry for my english)

I am running debian (stable/testing) and I am new to kde 3.2. I have installed
it directly from www.kde.org using apt-get. I have the following issues:

1. When logging, I get the following message:
"Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation"
Although I was able to run kde, I got the following from my .xsession-errors:

kdeinit: relocation error: /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: undefined symbol:
FT_Seek_Stream
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
ksplash: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance name
passed to the constructor!
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory

Observation:
- I forgot to purge my kde3.1.4 when removing it.

2. When compiling kdevelop3.0 I get the following config. message error:
"checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!"

Observations:
- My configure line was:
/configure --prefix=/usr --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib --with-qt-includes=/usr/
include/qt3
- I installed the qt libraries with apt-get together with the kde3.2 (from
www.kde.org)
- I am (almost) sure I remove purge all the previous version of the qt
libraries.
- I do not know whether or not this due to the fact that the installed kde
libs were compiled with another gcc version (I read this somewhere else).
Hence, I tried (without success) with gcc (g++) 2.95 from debian/stable and
gcc(g++)3.3 from testing.
- In kde3.1.4 I was able to compile kdevelop, but I did not understand why I
got this config message (since it seems I have installed all related
packages):
"You have no kdelibs documentation generated by Doxygen installed.
You should install Doxygen from www.doxygen.org, reconfigure
and rebuild the kdelibs sources. You should 'make apidox' and
'make install' in your kdelibs build dir, and then rerun this
configure script."

3. Kde3.2 and konstruct
I was able to compile the whole kde, but when try to compile the apps I got
the following error message:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/pierre/konstruct/apps/kaffeine/work/
kaffeine-0.4.1/doc/en'
/usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
/usr/bin/meinproc: relocation error: /usr/bin/meinproc: undefined symbol:
_7QString.shared_null

Suggestions are very welcome. Best regards to all and servus,

Jean Pierre Charalambos