Upgrading to KDE3.2

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Feb 9 04:11:52 GMT 2004

Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to Linux World and I like to know how can I upgarde to KDE 3.2  I
> have KDE 3.1.3 on Mandrake 9.2

Should be no problem.  You need a new package for every KDE package you
currently have installed (including Quanta if you installed that).  You
will also probably need to upgrade Qt and aRts as well.

If you don't know which KDE packages that you have installed, check with
KPackage or run:

	rpm -qa |grep kde

Since these packages have interlocking dependencies you will need to
upgrade them all at once either by selecting them all in KPackage or
writing a suitable command line for RPM.  If you are new to Linux, you
might want to know that you can list multiple packages on the RPM command
line and you can use multiple instances of: '*'.

	rpm -Uvh kde*3.2*.rpm arts*1.2*.rpm qt*3.2*.rpm

or something about like that (not sure about which version of qt you will
be upgrading to).

You may get some dependencies for other packages.  Update them first.

--
JRT