kde 3.2 rc 1 - konqueror web browser font sizes

Mar_10 mar_10 at interia.pl
Sat Feb 7 23:00:44 GMT 2004

Hi,

> This is a known problem (others have reported the same problem), but it is
> not a bug in KDE.  It is a configuration problem and I do not know exactly
> what the problem is or specifically how to fix it.
> KDE uses Qt and Qt uses FontConfig, Xft[2] and FreeType2 to display fonts.
>   If they are not installed and configured properly, you will have
> problems.  In addition, Mandrake had added some of its own font stuff.
> Possibly this is a Mandrake issue and you could get more specific help on a
> Mandrake list.

You're right, I just noticed that pages are being rendered correctly when
konqueror is running on pure X started using:
# X :2.0 &
# export DISPLAY=2.0
# konqueror

But when tried to start using startx or startkde, pages are rendered with ugly
huge fonts. Looks like startx and startkde causes overriding some fonts
setting but no idea on how to find where it happens:(

BRs
Marcin