no menu's in kde 3.2

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Feb 7 20:43:00 GMT 2004

Shane Shields wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I posted about this before but I got no response :( I have installed kde 3.2
> from cvs branch 3.2 but there is no applications listed in the menu's. Does
> anyone have any idea why? The applnk directory is there and there are entries
> in it but they are not shown.

KDE-3.2 uses the new FreeDesktop XDG virtual directory menu system.

If it doesn't work, I would suspect that you are missing one of the
dependencies.

Did you install the the GNOME XML and XSLT packages?

Do you have stuff in these directories:

	/etc/xdg/
	$KDEDIR/share/applications
	$KDEDIR/share/desktop-directories