Different SessionType with the new kdm 3.2?

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Fri Feb 6 12:35:41 GMT 2004

I have had a problem with this in 3.2. It seems the Xsession file (look
in you KDE install tree) that kdm uses clears out the path before
calling the uses .profile. This causes all sorts of failures for me.

Instead of "PATH=", I put "PATH=/usr/bin:/bin" and that got me going.

You should be able to debug whats going on by looking at the
.xsession-errors file in your home dir and maybe by putting a "set -x"
at the start of the Xsession file to give a better idea whats going on.

Nick.