KDE 3.2: autologin feature

Timur blackdir at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 17:46:44 GMT 2004

Hi,

I upgraded my KDE 3.1.5 installation KDE 3.2 with
(almost) no pain. I really like the new KDE
(especially with the Plastik theme) and it seems to me
very stable!

I have only two minor issues which are quite annoying
and if possible I'd like to solve them:

- the autologin option that I had enabled on my wife's
PC is not working anymore. When KDE starts up she gets
a message saying that the authentication failed. Then
when we manually login (on the same
account), everything works fine...

I thought that it might be something related to
previously saved setting... am I right? Can anyone
explain me how this feature actually works (i.e. where
the password is actually stored) sothat I can solve my
problem and ensure the proper work of autologin?

- the second isssue is that during KDE load (while I
still have the KDE splash screen) I get a message
saying "UNHANDLED EVENT :0" - which disappear
auotomatically after few seconds.
What could be the reason? how can I solve it?

thanks a lot & regards,
Timur