KWord Custom Shortcut doesn't stick

Jeffrey Barish jeffbarish at starband.net
Mon Feb 2 15:20:58 GMT 2004

After I specify a shortcut (and Alternate) for Current Date (fixed), it
works fine.  However, when I save and exit KWord and return, my
shortcut is gone.  The shortcut that I specified for Head 1 does
survive exit and return.  Is there something I can do to make the
shortcut for Current Date (fixed) survive or is this a bug?

Another question: the major annoyance for me of KWord is that it doesn't
remember the window size that I set.  When it opens, the width is never
sufficient for me to view all the text, so everytime I use KWord I have
to start by adjusting the width.  Most KDE programs remember their
window size when they exit, so I don't understand why KWord doesn't
comply with this convention.  Is there a way for me to tell KWord to
open with a particular window size?
--
Jeffrey Barish