KMailCvt: duplicate subject error

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Tue Dec 28 17:26:02 GMT 2004

I've downloaded several mail archives in text format, and I'm trying to import
them into kmail.

The archives are one per month, so I used a perl script to split out the
individual messages into unique filenames in a temporary folder.

When I first ran KMailCvt to import these message only 165 of 462 messages
were imported.  Those which were not imported produced a dialog message
saying "Duplicate subject ... message not imported"

So I modified the script to create unique Message-ID's and subjects from the
arcive, deleted the folder that was created during the first import,
compacted all folders, exited kmail then restarted kmail and tried the import
again.

This time EVERY message was rejected for import because of "Duplicate
subject ..."

What gives?  How unique does a message have to be before kmailcvt will import
it?

thanks,

lane
P.S.  I'm on FreeBSD 5.3 using KDE 3.31