making a destop icon for Firefox and Thunderbird

Thomas McGuire thomasmg at web.de
Sun Dec 26 15:59:53 GMT 2004

On Sunday 26 December 2004 04:37, sam bonham wrote:
> How does KDE make an icon for downloaded program?
> I need a desktop (menu) icon for Firefox and Thunderbird
To create a entry in the K-Menu:

Right Click the Menu icon on the panel
Choose "Menu Editor"
Right-Click on "Internet" or whereever you like and choose "New item"

Now you need to fill in the Name and Command fields. After that, you can
click on the icon to change it.

After you have exited the Menu Editor, you can drag the icon from the menu
to the desktop if you want to.

But why use Thunderbird and not KMail?

Hope that helps,
Thomas