can not load courier[adobe] font

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Dec 26 04:30:43 GMT 2004

LeVA wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a little, but annoying problem. I have the Courier[adobe] font
> installed (I think it is in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/), but I
> can not select it for example in Kmail for fixed width font. I can only
> select it for the message editor, but not for the message displaying.
> This is the case with KControl / Look / Font / Fixed width too. I can
> only select the Courier New font, but I think it is ugly :) and I want
> to use the Courier 10pitch, or the "simple" Courier font. Anyone could
> suggest me something?
>
> $ fc-list | grep -i courier
> Courier:style=Bold Italic
> Courier:style=Regular
> Courier New:style=Regular
> Courier 10 Pitch:style=Bold Italic>
> Thanks!
>
> Daniel
>

> Courier New:style=Bold Italic
> Courier 10 Pitch:style=Italic
> Courier New:style=Bold
> Courier New:style=Italic
> Courier 10 Pitch:style=Regular
> Courier:style=Italic
> Courier 10 Pitch:style=Bold
> Courier:style=Bold
>
> As you can see, I have that Courier font installed, but for some reason,
> I can only select the Courier New in KMail and in KControl Center too.

OTOH, if the problem is that "Courier [ibm]" &/| "Courier [Adobe]" don't
show up in the font selector when you try to set: "Fixed Width Font",
you appear to have found a bug which I will report for you (unless
somebody already has).  Note that this is NOT a bug in just KMail, but
rather the KDE font selector.

--
JRT