ownership

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Dec 22 13:14:38 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 14:08, Mauro Sacchetto wrote:
> Alle 11:14, mercoledì 22 dicembre 2004, Kevin Krammer ha scritto:
> > Which distribution are you using?
> > Have you installed distribution packages or did you compile from source?
>
> I've Slackware 10.0 and compiled by myself all package,
> optimized for i686. However, I released that, in the official
> packages by PJVolkerding of KDE, all binaries (/opt/kde/bin)
> are ownership of root.root, while all other Slackware binaries
> (/usr/bin, /usr/sbin) are ownership of root.bin. So,
> I'm interested in understanding the reason of this difference...

You should ask the packager then.
My guess would be that he didn't change it and the buildframe work just uses a
group that is "save" (not all distributions have a group named bin)
But maybe it is a bug in the "install" script provided by the distribution

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>