Error Message While Booting

Patrick Trettenbrein patrick.trettenbrein at gmx.net
Sat Dec 18 23:31:41 GMT 2004

Am Samstag, 18. Dezember 2004 23:05 schrieb Larry L. Davis:
>   Hello to all,
>
> I am a newbie to Linux, running Suse 9.2 and KDE 3.3.0 in a dual boot
> environment with Windows XP Pro. Within the last 48 hours (I have been
> up and running with Linux for about 2 weeks) I have been getting the
> following message when I reboot:
>
> *ERROR - KDESKTOP
>
> Could not start process unable to create io-slave:
>
> Klauncer said: Unknown protocol devices*
>
> I can't figure out what I have done to cause this or what to do to
> correct it. The system itself seems to be operating fine, without any
> actual failures, but the notice each time I reboot is annoying and I
> want KDE desktop to run correctly.
>
> Any help you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> Larry

I'm sorry I've no ideo how to solve your problem, but maybe you could install
the newest KDE version? I've got here SuSe 9.2 and KDE 3.3.2 running and
everything works great.

Patrick

PS: The rpm packages for KDE 3.3.2 are available for download at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/ or mirrors.

Patrick Trettenbrein - patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
GnuPG fingerprint: 312B 561F B0E9 1DB5 CE5B A9CB 831A 1994 E9A3 0010