continuous desktop refreshing every 1 or 2 seconds

icebox icebox at miv.directnet.ro
Fri Dec 17 14:06:34 GMT 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 09:39, David Holden wrote about [kde]
continuous desktop refreshing every 1 or 2 seconds:
> Hi,
>
>   A couple of kde machines here have their desktops continually
> refreshing about once every second any one know what might be causing
> this.
>
> I think It may be related to the desktop icons.
>
>  thanks for any advice.
>
>  Dave.
Do you have only shortcuts on your desktop?

The ideea is that if some icons on the desktop are really files and
those files are opened the program opening them might create tmp (maybe
hidden) files in the same folder as the opened file (that is in this
case on the desktop) and that makes kde refresh...

I hope I'm not telling bullxxxx here... ;)