Konqueror profiles

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 09:47:28 GMT 2004

Chris Gow wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I just stumbled upon the profile feature in konqueror. I'd like to create
> my own that is similar to the midnight commander profile. I see that the
> profiles are handled by text files, but I can't seem to find any
> documentation on how to create one. Can anyone point me to some
> documentation?

If you mean the "view profiles" that are manipulated with the items in
konq's settings menu, then the easiest way to use them is the following:

1. Set up konqueror the way you like it (add/remove the toolbars you want,
etc)
2. Go to Settings->Configure View Profiles
3. Enter a name for the new view profile
4. The profile is saved in ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles

I'm not sure where the file format is documented, if at all, sorry.

Regards,
Philip