jre1.2.x

Jan de Visser kde-user at devisser-siderius.com
Tue Dec 14 06:11:36 GMT 2004

On December 13, 2004 11:49 pm, kevincpyeung1974-kde at yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to upgrade my kde 3.3.1 to 3.3.2, but
> kdebindings complains that I need jre1.2.x. This
> despite that I already have jdk1.4.2_06 from Sun
> installed.
>
> Must I really install a JRE? Can I just force install
> 3.3.2 and configure konqueror to use my JDK 1.4.2?

1. You don't need to have kdebindings compiled to use java applets in konq.
kdebindings has libraries allowing you to write Qt and KDE programs in KDE.
So if you don't want to do this, you can happily ignore those warnings.

2. Your JDK is probably not in $PATH and you don't have JAVA_HOME set. If you
do want kdebindings to compile, try specifying --with-java=/path/to/jdk.

> Thanks
> Kevin

Hope this helps,

JdV!!