sftp: protocol not working in Konqueror 3.2.1

Neal M. Holtz nholtz at docuweb.ca
Thu Dec 9 12:54:51 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have Konqueror 3.2.1 on SuSE Linux 9.1.  The sftp:  protocol
is not working.  If I try the url

    sftp://192.168.1.1/

I get this:

>  An error occurred while loading sftp://192.168.1.1/:

>  Could not connect to host 192.168.1.1

This seems to be an immediate response, without even trying
to connect.
Using tcpdump shows no traffic being exchanged with 192.168.1.1
(but of course, the network is otherwise working).

"sftp 192.168.1.1" works just fine from the shell.

I have another SuSE 9.1 node in another office, and it works fine
there.

Any ideas of what might be wrong, or where to look further?

Thanks
neal

--
Neal Holtz                             http://www.docuweb.ca/~nholtz
Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering,   Carleton University,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6.                   nholtz at docuweb.ca