custom timezones in panel clock?

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Mon Dec 6 19:03:43 GMT 2004

I have run the /usr/sbin/zic program to compile a few custom time zone files
and they are now stored properly in my /usr/share/zoneinfo/America directory.

However, when I right click on the clock in the main KDE panel and click

Show Timezone->Configure Timezones...

they do not show up as options that can be selected, even after rebooting the
system. The list there continues to mirror the original set of time zones
that was distributed with Fedora.

Does anyone know how to force KDE's panel to re-read the zoneinfo directory
and to see the new time zone files?

Trevor Smith | trevor at haligonian.com
public key   | http://www.haligonian.com/pgp/