total frustration with firewire.

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Wed Dec 1 22:45:29 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 17:34, john brennan-sardou wrote:
> hello,
>     Can somebody please tell me how to set up a firewire card to work
> under Kde? It is recognied under Fc3 at the beginning but not under Kde.
> It works well under XP. It is very frustrating not to be able to do this.
> thanks in advance
> John brennan-sardou

Well:
- Fc3 is a Linux distribution
- XP is an operating system
- Kde is a graphical interface to <some> operating system

So KDE has nothing to do with firewire and won't recognize your firewire card
because it's not it's task.

What distribution are you runing KDE on? Your problem is to get *THAT*
distribution to see you card. If you are running KDE on Fc3, then if FC3
finds your card it will be usable under KDE, or rather, the peripherals on
the firewire will be usable.

I use firewire harddisks and video camera on Mepis Linux and SuSE 9.2, as well
as Yellow Dog Linux on an Apple PowerBook - and all that using KDE as the
Interface.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein