krdc (Remote Desktop Connection) usage question

Maximilian Renkin mxrenkin at gamma.co.at
Wed Dec 1 20:53:53 GMT 2004

Larry Howe schrieb:
> Quoting Maximilian Renkin <mxrenkin at gamma.co.at>:
>

>>krdc is working without problems so far (didn't work much until now).
>>
>>But it is boring to set the domain? (the third field in the login dialog
>>in Win2000) every time by hand.
>>
>>setting the user name is working with
>>     rdp:/theUserName at servername.domain.xx
>>
>>Is there a way to add the domain name (in my case the local account has
>>to be selected)?
>>
>>I already tried rdp:/theUserName:theDomain at servername.domain.xx and some
>>other variants.
>>
>>Thanks for any hint!
>>
>>Max
>

> Is it a windows domain? Windows domains are normally designated by
yes, it's a windows domain!

> domain\user
>
> so in your case perhaps
>
> rdp:/domain\theUserName at servername.domain.xx
>
> or
>
> rdp:/domain\\theUserName at servername.domain.xx

Now I tried your suggestions too, but unfortunately they don't work too.
At the moment I switched to the rdesktop app (part of SuSE 9.2), which
allows to set all needed parameters on command line ( rdesktop  -k de
-g 1024x768  -d theDomain  -u theUserName  servername.domain.xx ). Seems
to work without drawbacks.

> Are you getting your linux desktop on a windows box or vice-versa?
I am accessing the remote Windows Desktop on my Linux PC

> Larry

Many thanks for your help!

Max