KDE 3.3: Odd menu characters

Ralph Alvy ralvy at warpmail.net
Sat Aug 21 18:51:02 BST 2004

I have a working debian installation of 3.3. No problems, other than a
missing Mouse Control module which others have complained about as
well.

I was curious about using Konstruct, so I tried it. I now have a
working 3.3 local installation, thanks to Konstruct. However, I
notice that this installation has odd characters in all KDE menus.
For instance, I notice that the first time I touch the KDE Menu
button in the Panel, I see each underlined character has a green
background. The next time I touch it, I see an added '&' character to
the left of the each menu item. Each subsequent touch of the KDE Menu
button adds more odd characters to the left of each menu item. I also
notice odd things like this in other KDE application menus. Anyone
know how to correct this?