browser issue: www.toxic.fm

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 10:50:27 BST 2004

On Saturday 21 August 2004 10:38, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> On Saturday 21 August 2004 10.52, Carlo Capocasa wrote:

> > I get a flash of the page and then it goes white.

> Probably the same thing i have seen on a few others.
> They had a flash animation embedded. (Flash 7 i think)
> And they all turned white after loading the animation. :(
>
> I don't have a solution, maybe someone has?

I have a workaround, but I get this problem on various webpages including
major corporates ( http://www.ti.com/home_s_allkb ) - they mostly have been
developed using a Macromedia product and it seems to be related to image
preloading - check the source for a Javascript function name like MM_preload.

The simple workaround is to disable Javascript for that site (Settings ->
Configure Konqueror -> Java & Javascript) then create a new domain-specific
policy ...

Cheers,
Gavin.