installing a screensaver in KDE

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Aug 13 06:27:57 BST 2004

Ze wrote:
> So isnt possible to put the xscreensaver running in the backgroung like kde,
> right?

The command to start just the daemon from a Konsole or script is:

	xscreensaver -no-splash &

I presume that from an autostart 'desktop' file that you might not need the "&"

OTOH, the command in the 'desktop' file for the menu is:

	xscreensaver-demo

which brings up the control dialog.

> Because i made a shortcut of the command xscreensaver in
> $HOME/.kde/Autostart/xscreensaver.desktop, like you said and now when i run
> kde allways appears the xscreensaver dialog window.
> Another thing, i cant see where i can configure the idle time before the
> xscreensaver starts

That is "Blank After"

, only haves to configure 'Blank After' and 'Cycle after'.

NOTE: if you want Display Power Management, it is on the "Advanced" tab.

--
JRT