Error loading 'kio_http'

Frédéric GRASSET frederic.grasset at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 12 12:27:13 BST 2004

I've got a strange but persistant error since KDE 3.3.0_rc1:

When I want to launch konqueror in webbrowser profile I get the following
error (from the konsole):

> konqueror: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
> klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_http'.

If I launch konqueror from another destop than kde (xterm with kahakai for
instance) the konqueror start without problem.

After some search, I found that deleting files '.ICEauthority' and
'.DCOPserver_*' enable me to launch konqueror from a console only since then
klauncher can't start any application any more due to a DCOP error.

So I think I've a problem with DCOP so I unmerged all my KDE packages and
re-emerge it then starting KDE from a fresh new account user, but with same
results.

My system:
Gentoo Linux 2004.2
P4 2.8