[kde-linux] [USERS PLEASE HELP] Unmount problems with CD-ROM

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Aug 12 07:37:51 BST 2004

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I am still using FAM-2.6.10 with the DNotify patch applied.  I have not
> upgraded to FAM-2.7.0 because I don't know if it supports DNotify -- the
> patch does not work.  Does anybody know about this.

I found a version of the DNotify patch for 2.7.0:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/5.1/fam-2.7.0-dnotify-1.patch

It appears that you need to save a copy of: INSTALL before applying the patch
and you need to execute:

	autoreconf -f -i

before running 'configure'.

Note that if you are upgrading that the name of the executable has been changed
from: "fam" to "famd" and your configure file in "/etc/xinetd.d" needs to be
changed.  Also, the library name has changed from: "libfam.0" to the correct:
"libfam.so.0" so a link will be necessary or you will break stuff compiled
against the older version:

	libfam.0 -> libfam.so.0

And don't forget to run: "ldconfig".

So, I tried the new version and it works.  I still have no idea why people are
having problems since IWFM.

--
JRT