where is the proper place for X start options?

Carsten Schlipf carsten at yeap.de
Tue Aug 10 19:56:34 BST 2004

Dexter Filmore wrote:
> Each time I upgrade KDE I have to add -dpi xy manually to
> /opt/kde/share/config/kdm/Xservers which is a little annoying.
> (I actually need that setting since I migrated this installation over a few
> years and kept the font settings and such from way back.)

That's the way I do it, too. I am afraid that there is no other
workaround than using a different login manager (xdm, gdm), since KDM
spawns the X-Server and therefore is the place to pass options to it.

> Could I simply place a ~/.Xservers ?

Won't work. In which homedirectory do you wan't to place it? KDM is
started before any user is logged in (that's the idea behind a login
manager ;-) ).