Still trying for "legacy-only" menus

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.Virginia.EDU
Mon Aug 9 14:17:41 BST 2004

Hi folks,

	I'm still looking for a way to have "legacy-only" menus
under KDE 3.2.2 on Fedora Core 2.  That is, I'd like to drop a
legacy menu tree into /etc/X11/applnk and have that be the ONLY
source for menus.  I've tried using an applications.menu file
like this:

<!DOCTYPE Menu PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD Menu 1.0//EN"
 "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/menu-spec/1.0/menu.dtd">
<Menu>
  <Name>Applications</Name>
  <LegacyDir>/etc/X11/applnk</LegacyDir>
</Menu>

but it only results in an empty menu.  (The tree under applnk contains
*.desktop and .directory files that work with KDE 2.2.2.)

	Any suggestions?

						Thanks,
						Bryan

Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |
(434) 924-7218              |         bryan at virginia.edu