no "default email client" field in Control Centre

Thies Eggers thies.eggers at efi.fi
Tue Apr 20 12:40:04 BST 2004

Dear list!

I might be blind ... but I didn't find any hint in the web.

I want to change my default email client from KMail to Thunderbird (as I
can use the latter on both my Linux and Windows ... dual-boot for work
reasons). I liked KMail a lot but a higher force made me change my mind.

I wanted to change this setting in the "Control Centre --> Internet &
Network --> Email" as I found it mentioned in many descriptions in the
web ... but there's simply no field to change my default mail client.
Only fields available are Fullname, Organization, Email address,
Reply-to address and SMTP-Server. What to do next? I'm running KDE 3.1.4
on my SuSE 9.0.

Any help / hints are warmly welcome!

Cheers, Thies