spam blocker

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 16:34:29 BST 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 16:20, Rob wrote:

> You can't. SpamAssassin _is_ slow.
> Only thing you could do is run SA on the server (if you have one)
> instead of the workstation, so you won't notice the delay.

I don't know how the original poster invoked spamassassin (was it simply by
calling 'spamassassin' on the commandline?) but you may get much better
performance by running the 'spamd' daemon and calling the 'spamc' client.

This will start up a perl instance containing spamassassin so it's always
running.

Cheers,
Gavin.