Debugging Kmail Config

Robert Spangler bms at zoominternet.net
Sun Apr 11 22:52:48 BST 2004

On Sun April 11 2004 07:23, David Corbin wrote:

>  I have a fresh install of KMail that won't send email.    It simply says
>  "Failed to send (some) queued messages)".    I've double checked my
>  configuration.  Is there some way to get more information about the
> failure?

I have seen this on my system at one time or another.  The fix was to look in
the outbox folder and delete empty or unknown mails there.  When Kmail is
processing the mail and it come to one of these it stops and doesn't send
mail.  I believe this comes from mail not being properly deleted from the
folder after it is sent.  But I also do not believe that it is the fault of
Kmail, but the user stopping Kmail in the middle of sending mail.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile.....  It increases your face value.