kstart question

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Sat Apr 3 17:50:28 BST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 02:11, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 03 April 2004 08:54, Des Dougan wrote:
> > Following a recent thread on this list, I have been able to use kstart
> > to open applications on specific desktops, which is v. cool. I do,
> > however, have a problem with Mozilla, which opens on the desktop it's
> > called from, no matter the desktop defined in kstart. Mozilla is started
> > from a shell script:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > /usr/bin/mozilla -remote 'openURL('$1', new-tab)' || /usr/bin/mozilla $1 &
> >
> > I've tried a few options to try to get this to work, but to no avail.
> > Can anyone assist?
>
> Does Mozilla show splashscreen during startup?
> This might confuse the kstart options, so the splashscreen gets properly put
> on the desired desktop, but the main window opens on the active desktop.

Thanks for your reply, Kevin.

Mozilla does not start with a splash screen (and, running mozilla --help
indicates that it's off by default). I guess it's probably something to
do with the fact that my shell script is calling another script, and
that this is somehow confusing kstart.

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

	www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support