KDE performance problems with 3.2.x FIXED

Brian Lee Yung Rowe public_browe at cenozoa.com
Thu Apr 1 20:23:15 BST 2004

Hi,

Just in case anyone else is having this issue, the patch from the bug in the
previous mail I sent was already merged into my Qt source.  I decided to
recompile Qt and all its dependencies which dramatically improved the
performance, although load times are not quite as good as some have reported.
I'd say it's dropped from about 45 seconds to 4 seconds, so I'm not
complaining.

I guess the moral is that with Gentoo, it might be best to skip the
precompiled binaries.

> Are you using Kernel 2.6 as well?

Yes, 2.6.4

Thanks for the suggestions.
Brian

--
 =====
Brian Lee Yung Rowe (President, Chief Architect)