(Real) Task Orientation in KDE 4.0 using KParts

Sashmit Bhaduri gtg850g at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 29 05:34:47 BST 2003

On Sunday 28 September 2003 11:55 pm, Renato Machado de Sousa wrote:
> KDE/KParts is turning into a very beautiful architecture. It could
> become a new paradigm in desktop environments, using some rearrangements
> in the way things are seen by the user.

Perhaps not as radical, but somewhat related,  I think including this task
based idea could be a great idea for a replacement for ktip (shown by default
at startup).  Just a simple app with a multi-columned list of tasks that can
be done at said computer. Some distros already do this. I think that could be
a good replacement for the somewhat useless ktip (in the sense that most
people ignore it)