kde startup crash

John Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Wed Sep 24 05:54:48 BST 2003

Your message put me on the right track.  I was pleased to hear that the LCD
mfgs established  standard error text, so it can be supported without knowing
the details of one mfg.  I am using 1280 by 1024 @ 75hz (I believe).  I reran
sax2, after overcoming some other problem (don't remember now).  I think a
config file got trashed somehow.  I had a freeze (you know, like ms windows?)
and had to turn off the computer ungracefully (couldn't switch to a different
console and kill a few pids).

Thanks for the help,
John

On Saturday 20 September 2003 02:42 pm, Michael Adam wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 16. September 2003 18:52 schrieb John Sowden:
> > I recently installed suse 8.2 pro, which came with kde 3.1 on a 1.2Ghz
> > 256MB ram box.  All is fine.  Then yesterday, when I was demoing (sp?) my
> > new machine to a windows kinda guy, I got an "Input Not Supported"
> > message on the screen.  I have learned that this is an internal message
> > generated by my Envision LCD screen display.  I can ctrl-alt-F1 to
> > another console and it runs fine in text mode.  On boot, Lilo comes up in
> > graphics fine.  I do not get the kde sign-on screen, and I read a message
> > on the tty1 screen that said: DCOP communications error!  and   using
> > insecure memory.  I have been using the machine for about 2 weeks with no
> > other problems (except a modem issue).
> > This might not be a kde issue, but I don't know where to start
>
> Asked google? <-(
>  e.g.:
> http://www.eur.aocmonitor.com/support_faqs3_popup.html#QLCD1
>
> Does your xf86Config meet the monitor's capabilities?

John Sowden
American Sentry Systems. Inc.
1221 Andersen Drive
San Rafael, CA  94901

U.L. Listed Central Station Alarm Service
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

mail at americansentry.net
http://www.americansentry.net