Which anti-vir for KMail?

dontuse at hotmail.com dontuse at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:17:35 BST 2003

Given the recent plague of the SWEN virus I'm getting a lot of e-mails from
poor Windows users with an infected PC. These mails invariably contain an exe
of some sort.

Question: how could I set KMail to pipe all e-mail with an attachment through
a virus checker?

I installed antivir, a command line virus checker, and I know there is
something like the pipe filter in kmail but I have 2 issues:

- how can I tell KMail to only run e-malis with attachments throuh antivir
- how can I leave the infected message intact and dump it into a "!virus!"
folder