No more bold fonts on the Desktop?

Frank Hellmuth fhellmut at physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Sep 19 17:44:45 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 19. September 2003 07:55 schrieb James Richard Tyrer:
> Frank Hellmuth wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Why can't I set my icon font on the desktop to bold no more? In the
> > dialog from the desktop context menu and the control center menu the
> > option to set attributes for the desktop font disappeared in 3.1.4.
> > [...]
> Did you do anything else besides upgrade KDE?

Hmm.. I use Gentoo and upgrade quite regulary so I guess at least 10 to 15
packages were upgraded. But it's not just that the bold fonts are not
displayed, the option for setting the attributes in the dialogs are not there
anymore, I just can set the font family and the size.

> Did you upgrade Qt to 3.2.1?

Yes.

> There remain bugs in the Qt fonts system.  All I can tell you is that it
> works on my system.

Thanks for your help,
Frank