kde startup crash

John Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Tue Sep 16 17:52:41 BST 2003

I recently installed suse 8.2 pro, which came with kde 3.1 on a 1.2Ghz 256MB
ram box.  All is fine.  Then yesterday, when I was demoing (sp?) my new
machine to a windows kinda guy, I got an "Input Not Supported" message on the
screen.  I have learned that this is an internal message generated by my
Envision LCD screen display.  I can ctrl-alt-F1 to another console and it
runs fine in text mode.  On boot, Lilo comes up in graphics fine.  I do not
get the kde sign-on screen, and I read a message on the tty1 screen that
said: DCOP communications error!  and   using insecure memory.  I have been
using the machine for about 2 weeks with no other problems (except a modem
issue).
This might not be a kde issue, but I don't know where to start.
--
John Sowden
American Sentry Systems. Inc.

U.L. Listed Central Station Alarm Service
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

mail at americansentry.net
http://www.americansentry.net