knotify usage

Stefan Raspl raspl at gmx.de
Fri Sep 12 06:39:36 BST 2003

I read in a german magazine (c't) about dcop and its usage. Awesome stuff!
However, I would like to get notification of certain events in a shell script.
One way would be to use a dcop call and poll that, but in that article it was
mentioned that it is also possible to do that using 'knotify'. However, I do
not know how to use knotify. I searched the web, kde.org and various other
resources, but could not find a single example on its usage.
So: Can knotify inform me of certain events in kde, or are there other means
to get that? And how do I use knotify anyway?

Ciao,
Stefan

--
this is not an exit